Optimering för maskininlärning, 7.5 hp
The following course program contains all relevant information about the course regarding content, logistics, deadlines etc.
- Course Program (Updated 19-10-14)
The rest of this page will act as a repository for the course material and a place to make announcements when needed. This is the first time the course is given so documents will be updated with minor changes and additional material when needed.
The helper functions for loading the MNIST data have been updated with more robust but slower types.
Handin 4 deadline moved to Sunday November 3rd.
Extra exercise sessions:
- Tuesday October 22, 15-17, M:M1
- Thursday October 24, 15-17, M:M1
- L1 - Convex sets
- L2 - Convex functions
- L3 - Subdifferential and proximal operator
- L4 - Conjugate functions and duality
- L5 - Least squares
- L6 - Logistic regression
- L7 - Support vector machines and kernel methods
- L8 - Multiclass classification
- L9 - Deep learning
- L10 - Proximal gradient method
- L11 - Stochastic and coordinate proximal gradient method
- L12 - Scaling, Newton's method, quasi-Newton
- L13 - Coordinate and stochastic variations etc
- L14 - Recap
- Hand-In 1: manual (Updated 19-09-13), code
- Hand-In 2: manual (Updated 19-09-27), code, hints
- Hand-In 3: manual (Updated 19-10-08), code
- Extra Credit Hand-In: Choose one of the following, both are done individually.