The department always has a number of suggestions for degree projects (see below for examples). We can also often help to establish contacts with companies that are interested in degree projects, both in Sweden and abroad. The topics can include systems theory, modeling and simulation, machine learning, real-time systems, process control, automotive systems, robotics, and a large range of other application areas for control and dynamical systems in general.
If you are interested in doing your degree project with us please contact our thesis coordinator, Bo Bernhardsson (firstname.lastname@example.org), or discuss directly with any of the teachers at the department.
Useful Links and Documents in Swedish / English
Academic and Research Infrastructure Projects
- MAX IV
- Model-based individualized healthcare, project
- Network dynamics – train delays propagation and epidemiology
- Reinforcement learning and path planning with risk allocation
- Thermal modelling of a cement calorimeter II
The following is a list of suggested projects in collaboration between multiple departments at LTH and/or industry:
- Multimodal machine learning for anomaly detection in cloud operations (Ericsson/Control) – contact Johan Eker for more information
Projects in the Robotics Lab (at Computer Science and/or Control)
- Robot Lab
- Center for Construction Robotics
- Data-driven MPC, trajectory scaling, human–robot collaboration, and interaction control
- Reinforcement learning proposals
- Learning imitation of demonstrated behaviors with RL-methods using a robot arm
The following is a selection of companies and some potentially control-related degree projects. Please contact our thesis coordinator Bo Bernhardsson (email@example.com) if you would like to add your company and your master's thesis project proposal(s) to this list.
Please note that the list below is far from complete, and you may find recent advertisments at, e.g., MyCareer and other job portals.
The department has good international contacts and can help to arrange thesis projects in other countries. Some recent examples are California Institute of Technology, University of California at Berkeley, Imperial College, University of Newcastle, University of Melbourne, Laboratoire d'automatique de Grenoble, University of Coimbra, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology EPFL.