for personal or professional reasons
Our department aims at providing the best learning opportunities for interested individuals, companies and organisations. In addition to the traditional engineering programs, the department is also involved in continued, commissioned and collaborative education.
- Continuous education: courses with open-admissions available for students and professionals.
- Commissioned education: courses for professionals sponsored by their company or organisation.
- Collaborative education: informal seminars and courses organised for companies and organisations.
In response to the demand from students outside LTH, and from professionals, we are opening up our introductory control engineering course – Automatic Control, Basic Course (7.5 hp) – as a freestanding course starting in the spring of 2022.
Our professors have written several books that are used by control engineering professionals, e.g.
- Tore Hägglund: Praktisk processreglering (4:e uppl.), Studentlitteratur, 2019. ISBN 978-91-44-13066-8.
- Tore Hägglund: Process control in practice. De Gruyter, 2023. ISBN 978-3-11-110372-3.
- Karl Johan Åström & Tore Hägglund: Advanced PID Control. International Society of Automation, 2006. ISBN 978155617-9426.