The department always has a number of suggestions for degree projects (see below for examples). We can also often help to establish contacts with companies that are interested in degree projects, both in Sweden and abroad. The topics can include systems theory, modeling and simulation, machine learning, real-time systems, process control, automotive systems, robotics, and a large range of other application areas for control and dynamical systems in general.
Useful Documents in Swedish / English
- Examensarbetesprocessen, på lth.se / The engineering degree project process, at lth.se
- Kursplan för Examensarbete i reglerteknik, på lth.se / Course syllabus for Degree Project in Automatic Control, at lth.se
- Anmälan – Examensarbete / Enrolment form – Degree Project (PDF, 290 kB, new tab)
- Examensarbete – Sammanställning av aktiviteter (PDF, 172 kB, ny flik) / Summary of activities in a degree project (PDF, 172 kB, new tab)
- Report templates
- Master thesis on strategic control and behavioral economics
- Master's theses projects on Brain-Computer Interfaces (BCI)
The following is a list of suggested projects in collaboration between multiple departments at LTH and/or industry:
- Multimodal machine learning for anomaly detection in cloud operations (Ericsson/Control) – contact Johan Eker for more information
- Automatic code generation for self-supervising control systems using Modia (Control/CS/Mogram)
- Parameter Identification of the KUKA LBR iiwa 7 R800 Robot (Control/CS) – contact Anders Robertsson for more information.
The following is a selection of companies and some potentially control-related degree projects that have recently been proposed. Please contact Anton Cervin (email@example.com) if you would like to add your company and your master's thesis project proposal(s) to this list.
Please note that the list below is far from complete, and you may find recent advertisments at, e.g., MyCareer and other job portals.
|Carrier Corporation and Modelon|
|Cognibotics||Advanced Teleoperation with Haptic Feedback|
|Combine control systems||General thesis information|
|DVN-GL Energy||Value of energy storage in future power systems|
|Frövi/Rockhammar||Several project proposals on modelling, simulation and control in a pulp and paper mill|
|Gentec Solutions||Control of heat exchanger|
|Schneider Electric||Current thesis proposals|
|SWEP||Digitalisering och optimering av produktflöde|
|UTC Climate, Controls & Security|
The department has good international contacts and can help to arrange thesis projects in other countries. Some recent examples are California Institute of Technology, University of California at Berkeley, Imperial College, University of Newcastle, University of Melbourne, Laboratoire d'automatique de Grenoble, University of Coimbra, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology EPFL.