If you arrive by air
There are two airports close to Lund. One is Malmö Airport (Sturup), about 30 km southeast of Lund. The other one is Copenhagen Airport (Kastrup), which is located in Denmark, about 60 km away.
- Malmö Airport (Mainly domestic flights). Malmö Airport has frequent connections with Stockholm but only a few regular international flights. There is a bus service from the airport to LTH and to Lund central station, usually in connection with planes from Stockholm. For Taxi service, see below.
- Copenhagen Airport (International flights). From Copenhagen airport, trains leave for Malmö and Lund every twenty minutes, except for in the middle of the night when they only leave once every hour. The trip to Lund takes about 45 minutes. The ticket office is located in Terminal 3 above the railway station. Tickets are also sold in the baggage claim area. Note: Train tickets can NOT be bought on the train, don't bord the train without a ticket, since the fine is high. The price for a train ticket to Lund is around 135 SEK. For two persons or a family a "Duo" ticket is available. The sequence of stations is normally: Copenhagen Airport Kastrup, Malmö - Hyllie, Malmö - Triangeln, Malmö Central Station, Lund Central Station.
If you arrive by train
From Lund central station, there are a few options on how to reach LTH:
- By city bus: Take bus no 7 towards " Östra Torn" and get off at the station "Lund Warholms väg", OR take bus no 160 towards "Veberöd Öster" and get off at the station "Lund Professorsgatan". About 5-10 minutes ride. Tickets can NOT be bought on the bus. You can either pay with your cellphone or you need to buy a Jojo card.
- By tram: Take tram no 1 towards " ESS" and get off at the station "Lund LTH" About 3 minutes ride. Tickets can NOT be bought on the tram. You can either pay with your cellphone or you need to buy a Jojo card.
- By taxi: See below.
- By foot: Walking to Ole Römers väg 1 takes about 20-30 minutes, if you know the way.
Ask for "M-huset", Ole Römers väg 1, Lund
You should be a bit cautious when you take a taxi in Sweden. The taxi market is completely deregulated since a couple of years. The taxis are legally allowed to charge any rate they want, as long as the rate is shown on a piece of paper in the car window. The result of this is that there are quite a few "independent taxi operators" that try to scam foreigners/tourists. You are advised to only take a taxi that belongs to one of the large and trusted taxi companies. Normally they have their telephone numbers printed in large signs on the side/doors/roof of the cars. Also, in a line of taxi cars, you do not have to take the first car. You can pick anyone you like. At the department we normally use Taxi Skåne (+46 46 330330).
The price should be about 400-450 SEK from Malmö Airport to Lund (be sure to negotiate the price before the trip) and about 100 SEK from Lund central station to M-building
Hotels in Lund
The following hotels have a rebate agreement with Lund University. The price given depends on this. If you stay at the hotel because you visit us, you should be able to benefit from that agreement.
Hotel Bishops Arms
S:t Petri kyrkogata 7.
In the city center
Tel: +46 46-14 90 80
The following hotels have no rebate agreement with Lund University, but could be used anyway
In the city center
Tel: +46 46-32 88 88
Fax: +46 46-38 58 68