Reglerteknik, allmän kurs för FIPi, 7.5 hp
This course is scheduled for the first spring quarter period. The lectures are given in Swedish, but most material is also available in English. The course code was earlier FRT010.
The solutions to the exam in August 2020 are now presented under "old exams" below.
Tentavisning: Due to the current situation, the exam viewing may not be held on-site. Instead, it will happen according to the following steps, in order to reduce the work load involved:
- If you would like to see your score received per task, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If, further, you would like to hear about the errors made, this will be done across Zoom on April 9-10. The Zoom meeting ID is 667636904. The sign up poll is now closed.
- If, after such a meeting, you would still like to go through the exam yourself, scanning, although time-consuming, could be arranged.
For those of you who are not in urgent need to view your exams, a viewing on-site could be arranged in the future when things have settled. Thank you for your understanding.
Here is the recent exam 2020-03-17 with solutions.
The exam has been graded. The results have be entered in Ladok and should be available for you now.
The results were very good. But this has been a very good year of students (and teachers of course...). This was also noticed in the course Reglerteori. So you (we) well deserve it and I am not that surprised !
- 2020-02-17: Sign-up for lab exercise 3 is now open. If you can't sign up or if you want to change your lab 3 session, e-mail email@example.com
- 2020-02-03: Sign-up for lab exercise 2 is now open.
- Here is a short summary of the drone example on Lecture 3 (not in book).
- 2020-01-20: Sign-up for lab exercise 1 is now open.
- If you haven't registered for the course: Make a late registration in the KA-system, and then mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to re-register (e.g. if you followed the course last year but missed a lab or the exam): mail email@example.com
A detailed program of the course is found in the Course Program 2020
The additional course Control Theory (3hp) is recommended for students wanting more theory. First lecture: Thursday 30/1 15.15-17 in M:2112B (control seminar room).
The course have three mandatory laboratory exercises given in course weeks 2-3, 4-5, and 6-7 respectively. There is also a voluntary computer exercise in course week 3. You need to sign up for all of the labs, and we also recommend you sign up for the computer exercise. See below for the sign-up system and for when the sign-up opens and closes for the different activities.
The lab exercises and computer exercise take place in Automatic Control's lab rooms, which are located at the ground floor of M-huset (to the right when entering).
Lab Sign-up System (Link)
Note: When the sign-up for an activity closes the lists might be taken down. Take a note of your chosen time!
Sign-up Lab 1: Opens up course week 1
Sign-up Computer Exercise: Opens up course week 2
Sign-up Lab 2: Opens course week 3 (responsible: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sign-up Lab 3: Open course week 5 (responsible: email@example.com)
If you can't register for the first lab it is probably because you are not properly registered for the course. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you sort that out.
The material for the computer exercise is in the exercise book, chapter 9. An English translation of the computer exercise is available here.
The guidelines for the laborations are given in
The Swedish versions of the course material are sold at KFS.
The course is based on the books Reglerteori by Karl J. Åström
and Reglerteknik - Grundläggande teori by T Glad och L Ljung.
For further reading use for instance: Feedback Systems: An Introduction for Scientists and Engineers by K J Åström and R Murray available for free fulltext download.
These slides do not exactly match what is presented at the lecture (I mostly use the blackboard) , but it is a good approximation.
Lecture 1 material:
Lecture 14, see Ch 14 in Lecture notes
Old exams together with solutions are also available.
There is an error in the solutions to the exam Aug 2018. The phase margin on problem 6b should be 100 degrees. Sorry about that.
You can download Bode diagrams in pdf-format to print out and draw your own Bode diagrams. When printing, don't forget to set page format to A4 in Acroreads print setup.
Here is a Swedish-English Control dictionary
Some bonus material:
Lecture 5: Flyball governor
Lecture 7: Bicycle stabilization
Leture 13: Design of ball process (outer loop)
There is a set of Interacting Learning Modules for use in learning Automatic Control. See
Here are some fun control programming challenges you can try
Here are some short videos on topics from the course. These videos are in Swedish.
Also check out the Matlab videos on Bode diagrams