Below you will find links to the computer exercise material. The instructions and solutions will be updated and posted before each exercise session:
- C0: Extra: Introduction to Java [instructions]
- C1: Threads [instructions] [solutions]
- C2: Synchronization [instructions] [solutions]
- C3: Controller Implementation [instructions] [solutions]
- C4: Graphical User Interface [instructions] [solutions]
- C5: Preparation for Laboratory #1 (there is no new material for this exercise)
Problem Solving Exercises
The material for the problem solving exercises P0-P5 are found in the compendium "Real-Time Systems - Problem Solving Exercises", 2015, sold by KFS. You may also use the formula sheet below.
- Formula sheet (pdf)
ScheduLearn - Scheduling Theory Learning Tool
The following program has been developed to help you understand the concepts of Scheduling Theory and to show you how a schedule may look for different scheduling algorithms. It is possible to enter task sets and choose different strategies, try to find the correct schedule and compare it to a given solution.
To download the program, we refer to the following git-page for the latest version: https://gitlab.control.lth.se/NilsVreman/ScheduLearn.
Please Note: The program is still in Beta version so all feedback is encouraged and gratefully accepted. Feedback can be sent to email@example.com.
Computer and Language Links
- Java 8 is used in the course. In order to use this on your own computer in this course you need to download and install a Java 8 JDK (a Java 8 run-time environment (jre) is not enough). If you run Linux you can download this from OpenJDK. If you run Linux, Mac or Windows you can download Oracle's Java 8. Both are free of charge.
- Eclipse download
- Basic control course taught at Dept. of Automatic Control, Lund.(in Swedish)
- Basic control course taught at IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca.(in English)
- Teach Yourself Java in 21 Minutes. Short Java guide for those who already are familiar with object-oriented programming. Used in the Real-Time Programming course at the Computer Science dept. Written by Patrik Persson.
- Documentation for se.lth.control.* (and se.lth.cs.realtime.*)
- Documentation for se.lth.cs.realtime.* (at Computer Science)
- virtualsimulator.jar. The SimEnvironment package used in computer exercises 2 and 3.
- regler.jar (se.lth.control*)
- csrt.jar (se.lth.cs.realtime.*)