Reglerteknik, allmän kurs i Kina, 7.5 hp
This is the web page for the basic course in Automatic Control (FRTF05) held at Beihang University (BUAA), Beijing, China.
- Exam: Solutions to exam_Dec_2018
- The Swedish exams will be shown on Jan 7, kl 12.30-13 in Lab C, Dept of Automatic Control. (M-eng building)
- Send mail to Anders if interested in trying minseg (session Thursday afternoon after Exercise)
- Change of schedule 2018-11-14. We start 14.00 with the last part of Lecture 3, then continue with exercise E3.
- Corrected typo slides Lecture 2 [2018-11-08]
- Sign-up lists for all 3 lab exercises are now open [2018-11-07]
- Syllabus [updated 20181116]
The course is based on a set of compendiums:
- Tore Hägglund: Automatic Control, Basic Course – Lecture Notes.
Department of Automatic Control, Lund University, 2018.
- Automatic Control, Basic Course – Collection of Exercises.
Department of Automatic Control, Lund University, 2014.
- Automatic Control, Basic Course – Laboratory Manuals.
Department of Automatic Control, Lund University, 2012
Automatic Control, Basic Course – Collection of Formulae.
Department of Automatic Control, Lund University, 2013.
Printed copies of the above material will be handed out to all participants during the first lecture.
Optional course literature - available for free download:
The labs sessions are roughly 3h15m each (19:00-22:15) and held in F-532, New Main Building.
Choose mixed groups of Lund and Beihang students. The sign-up pages are linked below.
Sign-up link for Labs (Swedish students use their STiL-id, Chinese students will get mail with sign-up id)
Note: When the sign-up for an activity closes (before each session) the lists will be taken down. Take a note of your chosen time!
- Lab 1: sign-up opens 6/11 18:00
- Lab 2: sign-up opens 7/11
- Lab 3: sign-up opens 7/11
The guidelines for the labs are given in
- Mathematical repetition
- Bode plot template available for printout
- Johan Löfberg's (ISY, LiU) minseg-pms Sensor(pdf) DCmotor(pdf) PID(pdf) Balance(pdf)
- Matlab-file with useful automatic control commands
- There is a set of Interacting Learning Modules for use in learning Automatic Control.
- Control Tutorials for Matlab includes examples on Cruise Control, DC Motor, Bus Suspension, Inverted pendulum. You will need access to Matlab on your computer.
- Lecture 0 (intro) [updated 20181106]
- Lecture 1 [updated 20181105]
- Lecture 2 [updated 20181108]
- Lecture 3 [updated 20181115] Extra: simulink-example from L1 (r2017a slx), (r2015a_mdl)
- Lecture 4 [updated 20181115] Extra: matlab-control_demo.m
- Lecture 5 [updated 20181121]
- Lecture 6 [updated 20181122]
- Lecture 7 [updated 20171130]
- Lecture 10 [HT2016]
- Lecture 11 [updated 20171214]
Evaluation will be done though the CEQ system, only available for Lund University students. You will receive an e-mail after the termination of the course, with a link to the online form. Please indicate "Kinainriktningen", as there is a parallel course with the same code in Lund.
Exam and Results
The course will end with a 5 h written exam. It is not allowed to bring any material apart from the collection of formulae, pen, eraser, and (non-pre-programmed!) pocket calculator. The course grade is based entirely on the written exam results.
The exam is held on Tuesday December 18 (week 51), 13:00-18:00, in room F102 (New
Exam with solutions (example from 2017)
- Anders Robertsson (mail) (L1-6)
- Martina Maggio (mail) (L7-10)
- Charlotta (Lotta) Johnsson (mail) (course review)
- Johan Ruuskanen (mail) (E1-6, lab 1)
- Albin Heimerson (mail) (E7-10, lab 2, lab 3)
- Marcus Greiff (mail) (E11, exam)
- Mika Nishimura (mail) (Ladok)
- Shengqian Han (Coordinator, BUAA)
- Yinan Yu (TA, BUAA)
Previous Courses (with previous exams)
- Course page 2017
- Course page 2016
- Course page 2015
- Course page 2014 (missing)
- Course page 2013
- Course page 2012
- Course page 2011