Phone: +46 46 222 87 83
Fax: +46 46 13 81 18
Dynamics, information, and control in networks; game theory; applied probability. Applications to cyber-physical systems, infrastructure networks, socio-economic networks.
Keywords: large-scale network dynamics; transportation networks; opinion dynamics; evolutionary games; distributed control, estimation, and computation over networks; channel coding with feedback; control with communication constraints; group codes, LDPC and turbo codes
News and events
- July 2016: semiplenary speaker at the 2016 MTNS Symposium in Minneapolis, MN.
- May 2015: teaching a PhD course at the Gran Sasso Science Insititute (GSSI), Italy.
- April 2016: taught a PhD course at the Centre for Interdisciplinary Mathematics, Uppsala University, Sweden.
- December 2015: received the 2015 George S. Axelby oustanding paper award for 2013 IEEE-TAC paper co-authored with K.Savla, D.Acemoglu, M.A.Dahleh, and E.Frazzoli.
- November 2015: invited to join the editorial board of the IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering as an Associate Editor.
- November 2015: awarded a Project Research Grant from the Swedish Research Council (VR) for the period Jan. 2016-Dec. 2019.
- September 10-11, 2015: Chair of the International Program Committee of the 5th IFAC Workshop on Distributed Estimation and Control in Network Systems (NecSys'15).
- Spring 2015: developed and taught a new undergrad course in Network Dynamics (FRTN30).
- November/December 2014: taught a PhD course at the Dutch Institute of Systems and Control.
- October 2014: organized the LCCC focus period and workshop on Dynamics and Control in Networks.
- July 2014: organized and taught a mini-course at MTNS 2014 on Harmonic influence in large-scale networks.
Some recent publications (complete list)
- G. Como, "On resilient control of dynamical flow networks", Annual Reviews in Control, in press, 2017.
- G. Como, W.S. Rossi, and F. Fagnani, "Threshold models of cascades in large-scale networks", sumitted, 2016.
G. Como, E. Lovisari, and K. Savla, "Convexity and robustness of Dynamical Traffic Assignment for control of freeway networks", Transportation Research Part B: Methodological}, Vol. 91, pp. 446-465, 2016.
Como and F. Fagnani, "From local averaging to emergent global behaviors: the fundamental role of network interconnections", Systems and Control Letters, Vol. 95, pp. 70-76, 2016.
E. Lovisari, G. Como, A.Rantzer, and K. Savla, "Stability analysis and control synthesis for dynamical transportation networks", 2014.
D. Acemoglu, G. Como, F. Fagnani, and A. Ozdaglar, “Harmonic influence in large-scale networks”, presented at Net-Econ 2014.
G. Como and F. Fagnani, "Robustness of large-scale stochastic matrices to localized perturbations", IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, Vol.2 (2), 1-12, 2015.
K. Savla, G. Como, and M. Dahleh, "Robust network routing under cascading failures", IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, Vol.1 (1), 53-66, 2014.
G. Como, E. Lovisari, and K. Savla, "Throughput optimality and overload behavior of dynamical flow networks under monotone distributed routing", IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, Vol. 2 (1), pp. 57-67, 2015.
- G. Como, K. Savla, D. Acemoglu, M. Dahleh, and E. Frazzoli, “Stability analysis of transportation networks with multiscale driver decisions”, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, Vol. 51 (1), pp. 230-252, January 2013.
- D. Acemoglu, G. Como, F. Fagnani, and A. Ozdaglar, “Opinion fluctuations and disagreement in social networks”, Mathematics of Operation Research Vol. 38 (1), pp. 1-27, February 2013.
- G. Como, K. Savla, D. Acemoglu, M. Dahleh, and E. Frazzoli, “Distributed robust routing in dynamical networks -- Part I: Locally responsive policies and weak resilience”, "Part II: strong resilience, equilibrium selection and cascaded failures” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 58 (2), pp. 317-348, February 2013.
- Gustav Nilsson, PhD student since August 2013, after a master thesis on multi-commodity dynamic flows in networks. Currently working on adaptive traffic signal control policies
- Lorenzo Zino, visiting PhD student from Politecnico di Torino, currently working on control of epidemics in networks
- Nicolás Bordonaba Mateos, working on a master thesis on optimization and cascading failures in power networks
- Wilbert Rossi, Ph.D. thesis defended in March 2015 at Politecnico di Torino, now Post-Doctoral Fellow at the University of Twente (Netherlands)
- Enrico Lovisari, Post-Doctoral Fellow, now with CNRS (Grenoble, France)
- Gianluca Brero, master thesis on Local Coordination-Global Congestion Network Dynamics, now Ph.D. student at the University of Zürich (Switzerland)
- Network Dynamics (undergrad): a new course from Spring 2015
- Nonlinear Control (undergrad): taught in 2012, 2013, 2014 (twice), 2015
- Network Dynamics (Ph.D.): taught in 2011 and 2013
- Mathematical Modelling (undergrad): taught in 2013
- Information Theory (Ph.D.): taught in 2012