Phone: +46 46 222 87 83
Fax: +46 46 13 81 18
Dynamics, information, and control in networks; game theory; applied probability. Applications to cyber-physical systems, infrastructure networks, socio-economic networks.
Keywords: large-scale network dynamics; transportation networks; opinion dynamics; evolutionary games; distributed control, estimation, and computation over networks; channel coding with feedback; control with communication constraints; group codes, LDPC and turbo codes
News and events
- July 2016: semiplenary speaker at the 2016 MTNS Symposium in Minneapolis, MN.
- May 2015: teaching a PhD course at the Gran Sasso Science Insititute (GSSI), Italy.
- April 2016: taught a PhD course at the Centre for Interdisciplinary Mathematics, Uppsala University, Sweden.
- December 2015: received the 2015 George S. Axelby oustanding paper award for 2013 IEEE-TAC paper co-authored with K.Savla, D.Acemoglu, M.A.Dahleh, and E.Frazzoli.
- November 2015: invited to join the editorial board of the IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering as an Associate Editor.
- November 2015: awarded a Project Research Grant from the Swedish Research Council (VR) for the period Jan. 2016-Dec. 2019.
- September 10-11, 2015: Chair of the International Program Committee of the 5th IFAC Workshop on Distributed Estimation and Control in Network Systems (NecSys'15).
- Spring 2015: developed and taught a new undergrad course in Network Dynamics (FRTN30).
- November/December 2014: taught a PhD course at the Dutch Institute of Systems and Control.
- October 2014: organized the LCCC focus period and workshop on Dynamics and Control in Networks.
- July 2014: organized and taught a mini-course at MTNS 2014 on Harmonic influence in large-scale networks.
Some recent publications (complete list)
- G. Como, W.S. Rossi, and F. Fagnani, "Threshold models of cascades in large-scale networks", sumitted, 2016.
G. Como, E. Lovisari, and K. Savla, "Convexity and robustness of Dynamical Traffic Assignment for control of freeway networks", submitted to Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, in revision, 2016.
Como and F. Fagnani, "From local averaging to emergent global behaviors: the fundamental role of network interconnections", Systems and Control Letters, in press, 2016.
E. Lovisari, G. Como, A.Rantzer, and K. Savla, "Stability analysis and control synthesis for dynamical transportation networks", 2014.
D. Acemoglu, G. Como, F. Fagnani, and A. Ozdaglar, “Harmonic influence in large-scale networks”, presented at Net-Econ 2014.
G. Como and F. Fagnani, "Robustness of large-scale stochastic matrices to localized perturbations", IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, Vol.2 (2), 1-12, 2015.
K. Savla, G. Como, and M. Dahleh, "Robust network routing under cascading failures", IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, Vol.1 (1), 53-66, 2014.
G. Como, E. Lovisari, and K. Savla, "Throughput optimality and overload behavior of dynamical flow networks under monotone distributed routing", IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, Vol. 2 (1), pp. 57-67, 2015.
- G. Como, K. Savla, D. Acemoglu, M. Dahleh, and E. Frazzoli, “Stability analysis of transportation networks with multiscale driver decisions”, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, Vol. 51 (1), pp. 230-252, January 2013.
- D. Acemoglu, G. Como, F. Fagnani, and A. Ozdaglar, “Opinion fluctuations and disagreement in social networks”, Mathematics of Operation Research Vol. 38 (1), pp. 1-27, February 2013.
- G. Como, K. Savla, D. Acemoglu, M. Dahleh, and E. Frazzoli, “Distributed robust routing in dynamical networks -- Part I: Locally responsive policies and weak resilience”, "Part II: strong resilience, equilibrium selection and cascaded failures” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 58 (2), pp. 317-348, February 2013.
- Gustav Nilsson, PhD student since August 2013, after a master thesis on multi-commodity dynamic flows in networks. Currently working on adaptive traffic signal control policies
- Lorenzo Zino, visiting PhD student from Politecnico di Torino, currently working on control of epidemics in networks
- Nicolás Bordonaba Mateos, working on a master thesis on optimization and cascading failures in power networks
- Wilbert Rossi, Ph.D. thesis defended in March 2015 at Politecnico di Torino, now Post-Doctoral Fellow at the University of Twente (Netherlands)
- Enrico Lovisari, Post-Doctoral Fellow, now with CNRS (Grenoble, France)
- Gianluca Brero, master thesis on Local Coordination-Global Congestion Network Dynamics, now Ph.D. student at the University of Zürich (Switzerland)
- Network Dynamics (undergrad): a new course from Spring 2015
- Nonlinear Control (undergrad): taught in 2012, 2013, 2014 (twice), 2015
- Network Dynamics (Ph.D.): taught in 2011 and 2013
- Mathematical Modelling (undergrad): taught in 2013
- Information Theory (Ph.D.): taught in 2012