Technology Management: Project Course (TMAN40)
The Project course in Technology Management (pTM) makes it possible to work in project teams around a project theme. There should be about 10 students per project team. The project theme should be of international relevance and focused on both technology and management aspects.The project course includes a set of preparatory lectures, time for project work, and project presentations.
The project is performed in groups of 8-10 students.
- Group A (group 2 + group 8) will work on Theme A
- Group B (group 4 + group 6) will work on Theme B
- Group C (group 3 + group 7) will work on Theme C
- Group D (group 1 + group 5) will work on Theme D
The themes for 2012 are:
- Theme A: Innovationsmiljöer och patentregler runt om i världen
- Theme B: Den internationella energimarknaden
- Theme C: Banker, börser och investeringsklimat i de olika världsdelarna
- Theme D: Miljö och hållbar utveckling, globalt och lokalt
The final presentations will take place Tuesday November 6th, 2012 in lecturehall B, A-building (hörsal B i A-huset), LTH. The schedule will be the following:
- 8.15-8.30 General introduction
- 8.30-9.00 Group A
- 9.00-9.15 break
- 9.15-9.45 Group B
- 9.45-10.00 break
- 10.00-10.30 Group C
- 10.30-10.45 break
- 10.45-11.15 Group D
- 11.15-11.30 break
- 11.30-13.00 General discussions about the stay in China and the iMDE and pTM courses (additional people will join and sandwiches will be provided).
Each group will be assigned a 30 minutes slot. During this time period, the group should introduce themselfs, their topic and present their online-presentation (it will also be published on the course homepage asap). There will be a short time for questions and answers, etc.
At the end of the course the students should present their projects though a written report and an oral presentation made available as an online-presentation (published on the course webpage). The grade is pass or fail.